- Who is a responsible citizen?
- Are all citizens in our country equally protected by law?
- What human rights are being violated in Nigeria?
- What freedoms do Nigerian citizens have?
- What are the rights of a citizens?
- What will it take to end child marriage in Nigeria?
- What is difference between right and human rights?
- What is the most important right in Canada?
- How does the government violate human rights?
- Why is it important to be responsible citizen?
- What are 10 basic human rights?
- What are 5 rights of a citizen?
- What is the importance of rights?
- Is it important to be a responsible citizen?
- How can be a responsible citizen?
- What are the 30 human rights?
- Is citizenship a human right?
- What are my constitutional rights as a citizen?
Who is a responsible citizen?
A responsible citizen has knowledge about his/her role in community, state and the world.
A responsible citizen has a role in making the world a better place to live (for every components in biosphere).
A responsible citizen is change agent that acts out against injustice in social, economic, and environmental sectors..
Are all citizens in our country equally protected by law?
(1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
What human rights are being violated in Nigeria?
Human rights issues included unlawful and arbitrary killings by both government and nonstate actors; forced disappearances by both government and nonstate actors; torture by both government and nonstate actors and prolonged arbitrary detention in life-threatening conditions particularly in government detention …
What freedoms do Nigerian citizens have?
This article will explain what these key rights are, because every Nigerian really should know about these rights.Right to Life. … Right to Dignity. … Right to Personal Liberty. … Right to Fair Hearing. … Right to Privacy. … Right to Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion. … Right to Freedom of Expression.More items…
What are the rights of a citizens?
Freedom to worship as you wish. Right to a prompt, fair trial by jury. Right to vote in elections for public officials. Right to apply for federal employment requiring U.S. citizenship.
What will it take to end child marriage in Nigeria?
In 2016 the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development launched a National Strategy to End Child Marriage. The strategy’s vision is to reduce child marriage by 40% by 2020 and end the practice entirely by 2030.
What is difference between right and human rights?
In simplest terms, the difference between a human and civil right is why you have them. Human rights arise simply by being a human being. Civil rights, on the other hand, arise only by virtue of a legal grant of that right, such as the rights imparted on American citizens by the U.S. Constitution.
What is the most important right in Canada?
Fundamental freedoms. Everyone in Canada is free to practise any religion or no religion at all. … Democratic rights. Every Canadian citizen has the right to vote in elections and to run for public office themselves. … Mobility rights. … Legal Rights. … Equality rights. … Official language rights. … Minority-language education rights.
How does the government violate human rights?
Civil and political rights are violated through genocide, torture, and arbitrary arrest. These violations often happen during times of war, and when a human rights violation intersects with the breaking of laws about armed conflict, it’s known as a war crime.
Why is it important to be responsible citizen?
Firstly, it makes generally a positive society, good citizens make our society a better place by improving the environment that they live in. This provides everyone with a sense of community to an area and a sense of pride and responsibility for the are they live in.
What are 10 basic human rights?
United Nations Universal Declaration of Human RightsMarriage and Family. Every grown-up has the right to marry and have a family if they want to. … The Right to Your Own Things. … Freedom of Thought. … Freedom of Expression. … The Right to Public Assembly. … The Right to Democracy. … Social Security. … Workers’ Rights.More items…
What are 5 rights of a citizen?
Five major rights are freedom of speech, the right to a fair and public trial, the right to due process, the right to vote freely, and the right to worship freely. Governments that do not ensure one or more of these rights are not usually considered democratic.
What is the importance of rights?
Human rights also guarantee people the means necessary to satisfy their basic needs, such as food, housing, and education, so they can take full advantage of all opportunities. Finally, by guaranteeing life, liberty, equality, and security, human rights protect people against abuse by those who are more powerful.
Is it important to be a responsible citizen?
Being a good citizen is very important. A good citizen is normally the type of person who works hard, helps others and respects the law. When reading newspapers or listening to the radio or watching TV, often it is the activities of bad citizens that are publicised.
How can be a responsible citizen?
1. A Good Citizen is Patriotic.Brush up on your country’s history.Read up on social studies.Obey the rule of law.Pay your taxes.Learn the national anthem.Fly your country’s flag.Don’t litter or engage in acts of vandalism that deface your environment.Travel around your country and talk to your fellow citizens.More items…
What are the 30 human rights?
This simplified version of the 30 Articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights has been created especially for young people.We Are All Born Free & Equal. … Don’t Discriminate. … The Right to Life. … No Slavery. … No Torture. … You Have Rights No Matter Where You Go. … We’re All Equal Before the Law.More items…
Is citizenship a human right?
The right to a nationality is a fundamental human right. … International human rights law provides that the right of States to decide who their nationals are is not absolute and, in particular, States must comply with their human rights obligations concerning the granting and loss of nationality.
What are my constitutional rights as a citizen?
They guarantee rights such as religious freedom, freedom of the press, and trial by jury to all American citizens. First Amendment: Freedom of religion, freedom of speech and the press, the right to assemble, the right to petition government. … Fourth Amendment: Protection against unreasonable search and seizure.